IS2 Workforce Solutions is looking for a Shop Foreman. The successful candidate will be mechanically inclined, have superior interpersonal skills, excellent mathematical skills and working knowledge of shear and brake machines. Our client is looking for an individual that has experience working in a unionized and heavy industry environment.
Why you want to work for this organization...
- Competitive salary and excellent benefits package
- Established Canadian organization that has been in business for 60 years
- Reputable company and the opportunity for growth
- Oversee loading, securing and tarping of steel goods on trucks
- Unload and put away all material into it’s designated area
- Ensure the sale operation of cranes and rigging
- Ensure staff abide by health and safety polices and procedures
- Oversee all work orders and ensure they are completed in a timely manner
- Review time cards weekly
- Training and evaluation of employees and ensuring employees receive the proper training on all tools and equipment
- Conduct oneself in a professional and courteous manner at all times
- Ensure daily inspection of machines
- Supervise and schedule inventory counts
- Mechanically inclined
- Excellent mathematical skills
- Superior problem solving skills
- Experience in Machinery repair
- Working knowledge of shear and brake machines
- Millwright apprenticeship is an asset
This full time permanent position is with an industry leader, if you have the skills and qualifications please apply, and if you require further information you can contact Amanda at 604-940-8880
Please note that while we welcome all resumes, we can only contact those applicants whose knowledge, skills and abilities are a match for this position.
Please also visit our website atfor a better understanding of who we are.