IS2 Workforce Solutions is recruiting a Purchasing Manager for our customer north of Barrie! Pay Rate: Based on experience and education Shift: Day shift
What you will be doing:
· Supervising a team of employees to establish a vendor base to support production and program procurements
· Lead, manage, support and provide direction by setting goals/objectives, monitoring performances, communication and executing on the job training.
· Develop and execute strategic plan annually
· Manage data related to the overall effectiveness of the department by bench marking and analysing trends
· Facilitate department meetings monthly
· Manage department budget preparation
· Negotiate production and purchase contracts
· Coordinate supplier assistance required for application of any new and improved material and processes in accordance to SDE/AQE activities
· Visit vendors to inspect facilities, capacity and ability to meet quality, delivery, specification and economic objectives
· Daily tracking, reporting and record maintenance
· Review, adhere and implement health and safety policies and procedures
· Overtime and travel may be required
· Perform other duties as required
What we require:
· Experience working within a manufacturing or industrial environment
· Post-secondary Degree/Diploma in a related field or at minimum 5 years industrial purchasing experience
· Professional Management Associate Canada Accreditation preferred
· Good verbal communication skills
· Detail oriented and excellent organizational and multitasking skills
IS2 is a 100% Canadian owned and operated Workforce Solutions company specializing in Temporary Industrial Staffing, Direct Hire Placements and Customized Workforce Management Programs.
With operations in British Columbia, Alberta, Ontario and Québec we are uniquely poised to provide our clients with best-in-class service options for their staffing and recruiting needs. We have developed industry-leading recruitment techniques, international networks and an in-depth knowledge of the hiring process. We are safety-certified and work exclusively with employers who promote and prioritize safe work environments
Apply today by submitting your resume to email@example.com or contact IS2 in Barrie today; 705-735-1515. Only those who qualify will be contacted.