IS2 Cobourg is proud to be working with a local company assisting them in the search of a Part-Time (20-24 hours per week) Bookkeeper/Office Manager. If you feel you have the skills required apply today to be contacted.
The Administrative Assistant / Bookkeeper:
· Holds the responsibility for the day-to-day operation of the finance department.
· Provides both financial and clerical support to the Executive Director and abides by policies and procedures.
· Diploma or degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience.
· Original copy of a clear background check, including vulnerable sector search, with Police Services and Children’s Aid Society prior to commencement of duties and every 5 years thereafter.
· Proof of up-to-date immunization as per the Health Department schedule, including TB test.
· Possess current certification in:
· Standard First Aid, including Infant & Child CPR.
· WHMIS 2015 (Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System.
· Basic Health & Safety Awareness.
· Integrated Accessibility Standards.
· Experience with Simply Accounting, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel software.
· Knowledge of bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting principles.
· Working knowledge of:
· Payroll preparation, federal source deductions, HST, EHT, WSIB, T4 and T4A.
· Accounts payable and accounts receivable.
· Monthly bank reconciliations, income statements, balance sheet preparations.
· Cash flow monitoring and reporting.
· Budget tracking.
· Possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Experience in working in an office environment.
· Ability to work independently and use initiative daily.
Duties & Responsibilities
Included but not limited to all listed below and must be fulfilled according to:
· Support the management team with budgeting, forecasting and financial reporting activities.
· Maintain financial systems ensuring the department is organized.
· Maintain the Chart of Accounts.
· Administrate employee benefit package.
· Prepare employee payroll.
· Oversee the preparation of government remittances in a timely manner including employee tax deductions.
· Prepare monthly financial reports for review by the Board of Directors.
· Prepare budgets, mid-year and year-end reports for Country of Northumberland.
· Prepare monthly bank reconciliation.